Sunday, February 24, 2008

A funny thing happened ...

I just got done preaching a sermon I was very curious about. It was based on my ideas and thoughts that came to me after reading Dietrich Bonhoeffer and "Life Together" in particular the chapter called "Service". I also used Matthew 25:31-40. It started out to be a missional sermon but after reading Bonhoeffer it ended up being about looking at ourselves and how we view those closes to us. I ended up talking about bearing one another's burdens and how we must serve those right outside our doors before God will send out to the ends of the earth to serve. I really enjoyed it.
Yet I also realize how much I still have to learn about preparing for a church service!
I hope this does not become to much of a distraction to sharing the word.
I will post the sermon later this week.

Peace <><

Pastor Chris

No comments: